Living independently is the key to health and happiness. However, there will come a time when a little help with everyday activities can make a big difference in a Senior’s life.
At The Carrington, we offer our residents an extension of their home by providing personal assistance. Support with the activities of daily life or a helping hand when needed allows our residents to maintain their independence with a sense of dignity, safety and security.
We provide as part of our basic service package:
- House physician on call and for regular weekly visits
- Licensed Nurses and Health Care Aides on staff 24 hours, 7 days a week
- Three nutritious meals served daily at your table with special diets and preferences accommodated
- Daily housekeeping and personal laundry service
- Assistance with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing and medication
- Regular health assessments, controlled medication distribution and arrangements with physician visits
- Assistance with outside agency services-podiatry, physiotherapy, vaccination, etc.
- Round-the-clock emergency response system
- Active social, cultural and recreational programs
- Mid-morning, afternoon & evening coffee, tea & snacks
Continuum of Care
Additional levels of care are available as you age in place. No need to fear that a health event may affect your status at The Carrington. Our compassionate nursing staff is here to coordinate extra personal care in consultation with your family and health care professionals.
Short Term Stays
At The Carrington, we understand that the decision to move into a retirement residence requires careful consideration. A Trial Stay in a fully furnished suite can be arranged subject to availability. We have a one week minimum and one month maximum. Short Term Stay, or Respite, is available to those:
- In need of post-operative assistance
- In need of convalescence care after an injury
- Requiring accommodation during family vacations or periods of caregiver respite
Our short term guests receive the same outstanding care enjoyed by our regular residents. Assistance is available for any special needs you may have.